Multiply Your Charitable Giving
If you regularly donate to charity, there is a myriad of ways to give that can help maximize your donation and your deduction. Giving efficiently is especially important as tax laws change.
Our CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals can help you determine the most efficient giving strategy, one that will impact the charity the most while optimizing your deduction value. Whether it’s a one-time legacy gift or your annual support, here are a few ideas of ways we can help.
How We Can Help You Give Wisely
- Give Appreciated Assets: In a high market, giving stocks, bonds, or art instead of cash can be a win-win.
- Establish Your Donor Advised Fund: Get the deduction this year with freedom to give away over time.
- Bunch Your Donations: Maximize your annual deduction in light of the current tax laws.
- Create a Charitable Trust: Establish a legacy gift that could generate income for you now.
- Gift Life Insurance: If a charitable gift is structured properly (i.e., Charitable Remainder Trust or gift annuity), it can provide income that you can use to purchase a life insurance policy, which would pass to your beneficiaries, effectively replacing the charitable gift.